Yes, I know this may sound a little weird. But I recently discovered ‘savoury yogurt’ and I am totally hooked! No, let me rephrase that – I am addicted.
We are all used to the versatility of yogurt – we use it in salad dressing, smoothies, topped with delicious fresh fruit, topped with honey and muesli, etc etc. And what did you notice here? It is mainly as a ‘sweet’ yogurt. So, I challenge you to try something different.
Fair Cape Dairies yogurt is now a staple in our fridge. I really enjoy the smooth creamy taste, so knew that this will be perfect for this experimental dish.
Okay, first up – this serves 1, because I whipped it up for lunch one day while I was working from home.
- 250ml Fair Cape Dairies Double Cream Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic (to taste – this worked well for me, it depends whether you want a more ‘garlicky’ taste
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Leave for about 30 minutes or more, to allow the flavours to mix
Prepare your lunch bowl:
- Grate 150g cucumber and layer at the bottom of your bowl – don’t let it stand for too long, it will become watery
- Pour garlic flavoured Yogurt over grated cucumber
- Fry 1 egg, I used non-stick spray and it worked like a charm! Put on top of yogurt layer
- Add a few slices of sundried tomato (marinated in oil)
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions and chili flakes on top
I think this was SO good! And I’ve tried a few savoury yogurt combinations since – this is different and delicious, if I do say so myself!
Thank you Fair Cape Dairies for supplying the diary products used.