Who doesn’t like a quick and easy recipe? This is actually so easy, it feels strange to do a blog post about it. But, because of my own short attention span, I am recording this for my reference. I will definitely make it again, it is so good! I also do understand the complexities of calling this dish a ‘curry’, but bare with me.
1 medium onion
A splash of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic and ginger paste
1 teaspoon mild curry powder (if you have more fiery taste, you’re welcome to use a stronger curry mix)
1 tin butter beans (don’t drain)
1 tin Indian Style tomatoes (I used the one from Woolworths)
Putting it all together
- On medium heat, fry onions in olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger paste and curry powder, be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add in the butter beans plus the canned liquid. Keep cooking for a minute of so.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer to reduce and thicken a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with basmati rice or naan.
And that is seriously it! This quick meal should take about 25 minutes to prepare.