I’ve always been a fan of The Cape Town Gin Company’s gins, especially the beautifully fragrant Cape Town Pink Lady. Their gins are packed with truly South African flavours and botanicals. Also, each of the four gins supports a different NGO, so these guys are not afraid to give back to the South African community as well. Their Black Rhino Gin was launched last year and a portion of the proceeds from every bottle sold goes to The Boucher Legacy. This NGO’s mission is to conserve SA’s wildlife, specifically the rhino, pangolin and African Wild Dog. (Get the full story here: South African Gin Contributes R60,000 To Conservation #News)
So, when offered the chance to try their newest gin, the Cape Town Black Rhino Gin, I jumped at the opportunity!
This is the perfect #autumn sipper!
What you need to know:
- Robust Gin
- Flavoured with Renosterbos (Rhino Bush) and Buchu
- Unique olive-green colour
- Citrus, Pepper and Liquorice notes
- Slightly sweet aftertaste
- A tribute to the majestic rhino and South African wildlife and conservation
- Recommended to serve with peppercorns and lime
Give it a try, I would love to know what you think! It is available at most leading liquor stores nationwide.
Disclosure: a special thanks to The Cape Town Gin Company for this #gifted bottle of gin