MUSHROOM BURGER – MADE WITH…. MUSHROOMS!
After the overload of meat the past month or so – my body is actually CRAVING veggies! And as most of you know – I do believe I am an undercover vegetarian! So, our last ‘braai for lunch during the week’ before we go back to work.
This was a very experimental attempt!
2 medium onions
1 green pepper, cored
4 tsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Liberal sprinkling of Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Finely chop the onions, green pepper – I used the food processor, quick and easy!
- Fry in olive oil until cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, chopped (also short cut – food processor!) Fry for a few minutes for mushrooms to cook through. Remove from heat and cool until easy to handle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – and form hamburger patties – I got 4 out of this batch.
- Okay, here’s the tricky part, the consistency was slightly mushy, so I was afraid that it will all fall apart on the grill! I grilled the patties on foil on the braai first, but then I changed my mind and popped it in the oven to oven-bake (at 180C for about 25 min). So I KNOW that it works well if baked in the oven! 🙂