Looking for a ridiculously easy and delicious soup recipe? You came to the right place! This is easy enough to whip up as a quick weeknight meal or even a lunchtime treat. It takes only 5 steps, that’s it!
You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce (found at Mexican Food Specialty Stores) – can be replaced with dried chili flakes to taste
- 1 x tin Rhodes Chick Peas in Brine (no need to drain)
- 1 x tin Rhodes Corn Chakalaka
- 1 x tin Rhodes Italian Style Tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 5ml smoked paprika
- 3 plump skinless chicken fillets,
- Chicken Spice
- 2 handfuls corn chips (I used Mexicorn – available at Checkers or most grocery stores) – crush (not too finely) in a Ziplock bag.
- 150g cheddar, grated
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped, season with salt and pepper
- Chopped salad onions
- Salt and pepper
Let’s get going!
- Fry the onion in oil until translucent – it takes about 5 minutes
- Add 2 chopped chipotle peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste – fry together with the onions for a couple of minutes
- Add 1 tin Rhodes Italian, 1 Tin Corn Chakalaka, 1 Tin Rhodes Chick Peas and 1 cup chicken stock and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes
- In a separate pan, fry chopped chicken breast and season with chicken spice on a high heat (you can use a non-stick pan, non-stick cooking spray or add a few teaspoons of olive oil). Fry until cooked through, until you don’t seen any pink bits anymore.
Divide soup in bowls, top with each bowl with chopped chicken bits, chopped salad onions, crushed corn chips, cheddar and avocado.
Let me know once you’ve tried this, would love to know what you think!
You can also quite easily turn this into a vegetarian soup. Omit the chicken fillets and add a tin of black beans!
#RhodesQuality #BoozyFoodieCooks #CookingChallenges #BoozyFoodieInTheKitchen