I had the privilege to meet the Fifth Cousin recently, and even spend some quality time with him! You can meet him as well. Let me fill you in!
If you haven’t tried Fiver by Four Cousins, do check it out. These ready-to-drink wine coolers come in three flavours: Cool (apple and lime) and Blush (strawberry and litchi), with the recently-added Dry, a bracing tang of lemon. As a member of the Four Cousins family, the “Fiver” (as the fifth cousin) fits right in! Fun, convenient and the ideal summer cooler!
It seems as if spring is here with a bang!
How do I cool down quickly? With the Fifth Cousin of course! Here are a few serving suggestion I tried!
Four Cousins Fiver Cool Sipper
- In a cocktail glass or gin balloon, add ice cubes, some cucumber ribbons and a sprig of fresh basil
- Top up with Four Cousins Fiver Cool
Cool and refreshing!
Four Cousins Fiver Blush Sipper
- Fill a glass with ice, add a heaped teaspoon pomegranate seeds and a few cubes of watermelon.
- Top up with Four Cousins Fiver Blush!
And enjoy! Cheers!
Four Cousins Fiver Dry Sipper
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice, thinly sliced lime and fresh mint
- Top up with Four Cousins Fiver Dry and voila!
It was so much fun playing around with the Four Cousins Fivers! You can also just drink it as it is, straight out of the fridge. Ideal for braais, get togethers with friends and sipping at poolside.
I still want to try making Fiver slushies! Why don’t you try it with me?
To make a Fiver slushy (recipe provided by Four Cousins):
- Empty the contents of your favourite Fiver six-pack into a pot on the stove.
- Turn up the heat to get a gentle simmer.
- Add one cup of sugar and stir. When the sugar has dissolved, take the pot off the heat to cool.
- Put the cooled Fiver mix into a glass bowl, cover with clingwrap and put into your freezer for a few hours.
- Once solidified, loosen up the slushy with a fork and serve.
- Don’t forget to add garnish – a few strawberries perhaps or zooty paper straw for extra pizzazz.
Fiver by Four Cousins is available at leading retailers countrywide for around R79.99/six-pack or online by the case through www.vanloveren.co.za.
You can also share your Four Cousins memories online – be sure to tag Four Cousins on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/fourcousins/) and Twitter (@4CousinsWine), or Instagram. Visit www.fourcousins.co.za – where you can also sign up to get all the latest Four Cousins news!
PR info and images provided. Four Cousins Fiver “Cocktails” by Boozy Foodie.