Re-affirming its pedigree as a producer of excellent wines at affordable prices
Robertson Winery’s recent successes at various “Best Value” wine awards, namely the 2019 Gold Wine Awards, Winemag.co.za’s Best Value Shiraz Tasting, and the 2018/19 Ultra Value Wine Challenge have once again validated Robertson Winery’s reputation for creating exceptional wines that over-deliver in their respective price categories.
These successes include:
- 2019 Gold Wine Awards: Five Gold medals for: Robertson Winery Chenin Blanc 2019, Sauvignon Blanc 2018. Chardonnay 2018, Beaukett 2018 and Merlot 2018.
- Winemag.co.za’s Best Value Shiraz Tasting: Robertson Winery Shiraz 2018 was placed in the Top 5 and joint second with 89 points.
- 2018/19 Ultra Value Wine Challenge: Robertson Winery Beaukett 2018 was placed in the Top 14 highest-scoring wines with 95 points.
“We are immensely proud of this fantastic line-up of awards”, says Ankia Niemann, Head of Marketing and Sales at Robertson Winery. Achieving these accolades across different wine styles is testament to the quality grapes grown by our producers and the dedication of our team. At Robertson Winery we pride ourselves on consistently delivering quality underpinned by great value, on being the go-to cellar for affordable quality, which of course is very pertinent in today’s tough economic times where the key consumer phrase is ‘value for money’”.
2019 GOLD WINE AWARDS 2019
The Gold Wine Awards is a consumer-judged competition that awards excellent wines, at a price of less than R130 to the consumer, with Gold medals.
More than 90% of all wines produced in South Africa fall in this price category and the standard of the winning wines was beyond a doubt outstanding, according to the panel, so Robertson Winery were delighted to be the proud recipients of five Gold medals at the 6th annual Gold Wine Awards for:
- Robertson Winery Chenin Blanc 2019: Fresh floral nose, lovely ripe, attractive rounded fruit and an exciting acid balance.
- Robertson Winery Sauvignon Blanc 2018: Full-bodied with powerful varietal notes of bell-pepper, green apple
- and freshly cut grass. Good structure with lovely balancing acidity.
- Robertson Winery Chardonnay 2018: Fresh citrus fruit and rich melon characters perfectly complement the subtle creaminess and nuttiness from gentle oaking. A full rounded palate with natural acidity follows through to a fresh and clean finish.
- Robertson Winery Beaukett 2018: A gentle muscat-scented, aromatic semi-sweet white wine with a smooth, subtle spicy palate. Generous and succulent, but nicely freshened by gentle acidity with a fresh and clean finish.
- Robertson Winery Merlot 2018: A rich, dark red colour with ripe punchy plum and sweet black cherry flavours with well-integrated vanilla tonesfrom gentle wooding, and a velvet finish.
Retail prices: These Robertson Winery wines are widely available nationally at leading grocers and liquor retailers, and retail at R55 – R60 per bottle (white wines) and approximately R69 per bottle (red wines).
WINEMAG.CO.ZA’S BEST VALUE SHIRAZ TASTING
Robertson Winery Shiraz 2018 was placed in the Top 5 and joint second with 89 points at the inaugural Best Value Shiraz Tasting convened by Winemag.co.za. Seeking to find the best examples of Shiraz between the R60 and R120 price points, the wines were tasted blind by Winemag.co.za’s suitably qualified panel.
ROBERTSON WINERY SHIRAZ 2018
The Shiraz is planted in deep Karoo and Shale soils that are rich in lime. 80% of the wine was aged in French Oak and 20% in American Oak for 6-8 months. This full-bodied wine shows freshly crushed black pepper aromas with hints of cinnamon and cloves on the nose with lots of brambly red berry fruit, rich mulberry and well-integrated vanilla tones. Enjoy with roast beef, stews, lamb, venison, pasta and steak.
Retail price: The Robertson Winery Shiraz is widely available nationally at leading grocers and liquor retailers, and retails at approximately R69 per bottle.
ULTRA VALUE WINE CHALLENGE 2018/2019
The Robertson Winery Beaukett 2018 was placed in the Top 14 highest-scoring wines with 95 points at the fourth annual Ultra Value Wine Challenge which assists consumers find the very best wine buys for under R100 per bottle. Robertson Winery were one of the multiple winners in the competition with ten medals in total: one Double Gold for the Beaukett 2018, three Gold medals for the Gewürztraminer 2018, Shiraz 2017 and Chapel Chenin Blanc/Colombard 2018, and six Silver medals for the Sauvignon Blanc 2018, Chenin Blanc 2018, Merlot 2017, Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, Ruby Cabernet 2017 and Chapel Cabernet/Merlot 2017.
ROBERTSON WINERY BEAUKETT 2018/2019
This delicious semi-sweet wine is a blend of Colombard and Muscadel
Gentle muscat-scented, aromatic semi-sweet white wine with a smooth, subtle spicy palate. Generous and succulent, but nicely freshened by gentle acid with a fresh and clean finish. Complements spicy curry and other strong flavoured dishes.
Retail price: The Robertson Winery Beaukett 2018/2019 is widely available nationally at leading grocers and liquor retailers, and retails at R45 – R50 per bottle.
Robertson Winery, 160km from Cape Town, is situated in the beautiful Robertson Wine Valley. The tasting room is open seven days a week.
- Tel: 023 626-3059 · Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.robertsonwinery.co.za/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Robertson.Winery
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robertsonwinery/