Time Square celebrates a bumper year of delivering premium entertainment by bringing a super charged lineup of world class shows and experiences to Tshwane this festive season. At the centre of it all is the Sun Arena, which will be an electrifying hive of activity throughout the holidays. From comedy festivals, concerts and a bubble extravaganza to an all-night party with top DJs, Time Square’s Sun Arena will rock this season.
Here’s what’s in store at the Sun Arena, Time Square:
- South Africa’s largest mass choir, the Capital Singers Christmas Spectacular, will fill the Sun Arena on 12 and 13 December. The massive 1000 choir will feature Joshua na die Reën and Brandon October amongst others, and accompanied by the best instrumentalists to thrill the audiences in their 13th sell-out production. This family styled production takes both choir and audience on an exciting trip down memory lane with the most beautiful Christmas themed music. With stage directing by Ian von Memerty, it is bound to be a Christmas Spectacular like none other. Tickets are priced from R150 per person at Computicket.
- A collective of some of South Africa’s top comedians and soul and jazz artists will collaborate for the Biggest Comedy and Soul Concert on 14 December. Each bringing their own blend of humour, personality and musical talent to the mix are Vusi Nova; Selaelo Selota; Eugene Khoza; Elton Mduduzi; Peter Mashata; Summary; Sifiso Nene, Jay Boogie and many more. Tickets are priced from R200 per person at Computicket.
- Top South African DJs will be hitting the decks for a Festive Fusion on 15 December 2018. On the bill are Cassper Nyovest; Black Motion; Areece; DJ Maphorisa; DJ Sumbody; Pencil; Snow Deep; Dihno Café; Calvin Fallo; Jaivane; Madness and many more. Somizi in the host and Liquid Metsi is co host for the evening. Tickets are priced from R200 at Computicket.
- On 16 December, it is the Christmas Spectacular / Kersfees Skouspel. With Jaconell Mouton of Noot vir Noot fame as Music Director and Frans Swart as Director with a full orchestra, the Christmas Spectacular promises an extravaganza of sound, colour, costumes, music and song. The show features some of South Africa’s best loved artists like Alwyn Oberholster; Amanda Strydom; Anna Davel; Brendan Peyper; Chris Chameleon and Jannie Moolman amongst many others. Tickets are available at Computicket.
- The 17th of December (it’s a public holiday) sees Dan Nicoll round up some of the very best in South African entertainment to perform at his Christmas Party. Amongst them are Kurt Darren; Ard Matthews’ the Goliath brothers; Chris Forrest; Me and Mr Green; illusionist Ryan Sharp and comedian Stuart Taylor amongst others. Comedy, on stage shenanigans, music and this year’s loudest Christmas Carols will characterise this family-styled event. Tickets are priced from R100 at Computicket.
International sensation and bubble scientist, Fan Yang, brings his world-renowned bubble show to South Africa for the very first time on 20 December. The Billions Bubble Show is a spectacular display of lights, lasers, smoke and bubbles thousands of tiny bubbles and enormous ones, bubbles within bubbles, as well as bouncing, floating and mega bubbles. Yang has spent over two decades combining the science of soap bubbles with the artistry of theatre and promises to blow audiences away. The show runs until 7 January, with three shows per day at 10h30, 14h00 and 19h00. Tickets are priced from R120 at Webtickets.co.za
- The Goliath Comedy Road Trip rolls into the Sun Arena on 22 December for one night only. Catch the hilarious Goliath brothers – Jason, Donovan and Nicholas – performing together for the first time. This trio has become a force within the comedy industry, making Goliath and Goliath one of the most recognisable and respected comedic brands in the country. Tickets are priced at R150 to Computicket.
- Synonymous with Christmas and one of the most timeless bands, Boney M, will perform in concert at the Sun Arena on Christmas Eve (24 December 2018). Boney M dominated the European charts in the late 70s and early 80s and is still the only band to appear twice in the Top 11 bestselling singles of all time in the UK for “Rivers of Babylon” and “Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord”. Fans will be thrilled to know that Liz Mitchell, the original lead singer of Boney M, will be performing the songs that they know and love. Tickets are priced from R195 at howler.co.za.
- On Christmas Day (25 December), the Sun Arena will be transformed for a gala Christmas Feast of epic proportions. Santa’s Riches Feast will feature an extensive buffet of familiar favourites and contemporary dishes. There will be entertainment and a festive vibe for the whole family. Tatso will also be staging a Christmas Buffet Lunch. Booking is essential on+27 860 846 377.
- Buoyed by the overwhelming response to the first edition in 2017, Time Square is bringing back the NYE Blockbuster Block Party to ring in the New Year on 31 December 2018. Bigger and bolder than last year, the 2018 NYE Blockbuster Block Party features 11 of South Africa’s top DJs with more still being lined up. Partnering with Time Square to bring the massive NYE Blockbuster Block Party to Tshwane are MTV, MTV Base and 947. Tickets are available at Computicket and range in price from R399 at Computicket.
Information and images provided or from Time Square FB page