With Mother’s Day around the corner, Claire Allen and Margaret Hirsch will be sharing some of their top recipes that you can use to impress Mom this Mother’s Day courtesy of Bosch Home Appliances, using the brand new Bosch OptiMuM mixer – the ideal gift for Mother’s Day!
Claire’s Savory Scones
This full proof recipe will have you looking like a professional baker. Serve them straight from the oven for a sensational taste.
- 250 g self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. English mustard powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 70 g butter, softened
- 100 g grated mature cheddar (in the recipe and on the top of the scones)
- 30 g grated Parmesan
- 150 ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- Egg to poach
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder & mustard and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, plenty of black pepper and sugar.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour with fingertips until completely mixed.
- Add cheese into the mixture, and then gradually add the buttermilk until soft, sticky dough is formed.
- Roll the mixture to about 1.5cm thick and press out around 12 scones (5-6 cm in diameter).
- Brush milk over the scones. Top each with a little Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until well-risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.
- These tastes amazing whilst still warm, so try them straight away.
Excite your taste buds with delicious and colorful meringues. And you only need two ingredients to make them.
- 6 x Large egg whites
- 500ml Castor sugar
- 10ml Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 100ºC (Gas mark ¼).
- Using a clean dry bowl of the electric food mixer, whisk egg whites until a soft peak is formed.
- Add sugar spoon by spoon, slowly whisking hard all the time.
- With the last spoon of sugar mix in the baking powder and whisk well.
- Add in vanilla essence or vanilla bean seeds.
- Place mixture into a piping bag which has been fitted with a nozzle.
- Pipe onto baking trays which have been lined with baking paper (not greaseproof paper).
- Bake for 60 minutes. Leave in the oven if possible for a further 30 minutes.
These recipes have been supplied courtesy of Bosch Home Appliances in support of the #BakeLikeaBosch campaign.