World Vegetarian Day is celebrated on 1 October to ‘promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism’. This is the perfect time to celebrate vegetarianism and recognise the health and environmental benefits of reducing meat intake.
Dish up more love this Vegetarian Day with a tasty vegetarian feast! With KOO’s range of canned vegetables, adding flavour and nutrients to meals is as quick and easy as opening a can. No need to spend time peeling, slicing and dicing.
Tantalise your taste buds and enjoy a flavour sensation with a corn and baby marrow frittata this Vegetarian Day. KOO’s range of vegetables are cooked in the can, sealing in all the goodness, low in fat, contain no preservatives and are a source of dietary fibre.
Delight family and friends with this tasty recipe, create special memories and enjoy World Vegetarian Day with KOO!
1 can (410g) KOO WHOLE KERNEL CORN, drained
1 onion, chopped
125ml (½ cup) milk
6 large eggs
45ml (3 tablespoon) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
5ml (1 teaspoon) ground coriander
100g (½ cup) grated cheddar cheese
5ml (1 teaspoon) ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large tomato, peeled and diced
1 medium baby marrow, sliced
- Heat oil in an ovenproof frying pan or cast iron skillet; add onions, garlic, baby marrows, tomatoes, and KOO WHOLE KERNEL CORN to a cast iron skillet
- Sauté the vegetables over medium heat until the soft. Season with cumin, coriander, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and 1/2 cup of milk
- Once the vegetables have cooked down and most of their juices have evaporated, sprinkle the cheese over the top
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the pan. Move the vegetables around slightly with a fork or spoon to let the egg run underneath them
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and puffy
- Serve sliced into wedges with a salad
For meal inspiration and mouth-watering recipes visit – www.koo.co.za. Join the conversations on: Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/KOOFoodZA/, Twitter : https://twitter.com/KOO_Food and YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCG1Zhh06I1X2jbLkmps7g