Serves – 6
Prep – 15 mins
Cooking Time – 130 mins
• 155ml Cooking Oil
• 1kg Beef Knuckle, or Beef Stew Mix
• 2 Onions, sliced
• 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
• 1 Tbsp (15ml) Cake Flour
• 3 Tbsp (55ml) MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce
• 750ml Beef Stock
• 1 Can (410g) Chakalaka
• 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• Black Pepper
• 240g Cake Flour
• 1 tsp (5ml) Baking Powder
• 2 Tbsp (30ml) Fresh Parsley, chopped
• 1/2 Cup (125ml) NESTLÉ IDEAL MEDIUM FAT EVAPORATED MILK
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole and brown the meat for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
2. Return the casserole to the stove and fry the onions and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the cake flour and stir for 1 minute. Return the meat to the casserole with the MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and chakalaka. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.