I made these several months ago, while avos were still very much in season. So it just shows how behind I am on my posts. Sigh. ANYWAY! 🙂
But, these are really worth trying! I would love to take credit for it, but I got this from the How Sweets Eats blog – I made a few very minor changes. Here goes:
2 large ripe avocados, mashed finely
2 slabs (80g each) Cadbury’s Bournville Dark Chocolate
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup cake flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1 slab (80g) Cadbury’s Bournville Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven on 180C and prepare a medium sized baking dish.
- Melt 2 slabs of chocolate: break chocolate in smaller pieces, place it in a heatproof bowl set OVER a pot of simmering water; stir occasionally until melted – should take about 2 to 3 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix mashed avocado and melted chocolate.
- Mix sugar until combined, then add in eggs and vanilla essence
- Add cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt – mix with a large spoon until combined – don’t overmix
- Stir in avocado oil until mixed well
- Chop/break the 3rd slab of chocolate in bits, fold into batter, transfer batter to baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until middle is cooked through
- Remove from oven, let it cool down a bit and cut into blocks
I served these for dessert with red wine ice cream. So delicious, if I do say so myself!