Macaroni and cheese!! A firm favourite in every household! Mac ‘n Cheese is the ULTIMATE comfort food! This dish is so well-loved that it even got it’s own day – tomorrow (14 July) is National Mac ‘n Cheese Day!
How to make it truely ”National”- and with a bit of a twist, adding our own favourite All Gold products.
Check out this delicious recipe:
MAC ‘n CHEESE
Preparation Time: 30 mins
• 500 g Fatti’s & Moni’s Macaroni
• 410g ALL GOLD Italian-style Sliced Tomatoes (check out the cool easy-to-open lids!)
• 500 g Cheddar cheese, grated
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet.
3. Grease a large ovenproof dish with butter.
4. Spoon half the macaroni into the dish.
5. Top with tomato slices, followed by cheese.
6. Season well with salt and pepper.
7. Repeat layering and seasoning; finish with layer of cheese and tomatoes on top.
8. Cut butter into pieces and place on top.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are baked through.
And remember to keep South Africa’s favourite All Gold Tomato sauce on hand to serve.
For more tasty recipes, visit All Gold’s newly revamped website: http://www.allgold.co.za/
Info and images supplied via PR